Barcode Registration in Bangalore
Barcode technology offers numerous benefits and it became so widespread. This is used to improve the speed, efficiency, accuracy and efficiency without the significant expense. It often overlooks for saving the time and cutting the cost. The smartest choice for the businesses is barcode in order to reduce the overhead and improve the efficiency.
In today world, the companies and the stores have evolved around the fast-paced world by giving consumers a faster checkout and the pricing process. This could be possible because of barcodes. A barcode is an label or encoding tag that is placed on all merchandise which allows the computers to track the products much faster and accurate than performed by hand. This reads the whole product’s information at a single moment, which is 10 times faster than the normal human.
Approximately, for every 10000 keystrokes made by a human being, only an average of 10 errors whereas for every 10,000 scans made by the scanner possibly have only one error. This alone makes it more useful and advantageous to use the barcodes for all our products.
In the field of business, it is important to reduce the overhead; barcodes can actually reduce the amount of training time which we give to employees. Scanners are very simple to operate and do the computation automatically. Barcodes can be easily printed and added to items in a timely fashion. Entire inventory can be labelled and tracked immediately without any delay.
Barcodes are very easy and effective method of pricing products and tracking inventory whether there are few hundred or thousand. They offer automatic identification of the product, extremely fast recognition and implementation of data. In a modern world inventory tracking process is the one which offers the countless benefits both to the company and its customers.Benefits of barcode registration:
- Barcodes are extremely a versatile one. It can be used for any kind of data collection which includes pricing or inventory information. It is not only used to track the products but also outgoing shipments and equipment.
- It is not an expensive one to design and to print. Barcode scanners can be customised economically and to be affixed in a needed places.
- It totally eliminates the possibility of human error. Because while entering the data manually arises some errors which is far higher than the barcodes. A barcode scan is very reliable and a faster one, it takes infinitely less time than entering data manually.
- Inventory control can be improved. Barcode scanner helps the users to keep track of inventory. It allows user to setup the alert for the products so that the products can be filled promptly.
- Data which is obtained from the barcodes is so rapid since the information is scanned directly into the computer. The time will not be wasted on data entry or retrieval.
- It promotes the better decision making, because data which are obtained is so accurate. Decision making ultimately saves both time and money.
- An inexpensive and a user friendly barcodes provide an indispensable tool for tracking a variety of data. The ultimate results of a barcoding system are the reduction in overhead.
GS1 is a global entity, it is “not-for-profit” which manages and standardises the barcodes across India. GS1 sets the standards and manages the standard which has been used by the suppliers, manufacturers and retailers. GS1 is the organisation which controls the issuance of the barcode that could be scanned anywhere in the world. Approximate over 2 million companies in 20 industries such as healthcare, transport and logistics, packaged goods, food, government etc. are using the GS1 standards.Types of barcodes:
Different barcodes has its own capability to hold different data. GS1 which sets the standards for different types of barcode symbols.GS1 Data bar family codes:
It is used to label the fresh foods. This actually holds the information like a product’s batch number or an expiry date. Additionally, other attributes which is used at the point of sale such as an item weight.GS1 EAN/UPC codes:
This is an instantly recognisable barcodes which are printed virtually on every consumer’s product.Gs1 1D barcodes:
This enables the items to be tracked through global supply chains. GST-128 carries the GST1D keys plus the information like expiration dates, serial number and more.GST 2D codes:
Two dimensional barcodes look like square or rectangles which contains the small individual dots. It holds significant amount of information and considered legible even it is etched on a product in a smaller size. This is used in wide range from manufacturing and warehousing to logistics and healthcare.Documents required for barcode registration:
- Audited balance sheet copy.
- Requesting for barcode allotment on company letterhead.
- Status of the applicant company can be considered as a proof which should be produced.
- Company PAN Card.
- For proprietorship firms: GST/VAT registration certificate needs to be produced.
- For partnership firms: GST/VAT registration certificate or the partnership deed copy has to be produced.
- For private or public limited company: ROC certificate or GST/VAT registration certificate or Memorandum of Association (MOA).
- For other entities such as HUF or registered society: Registrar of society (ROS) certificate or the GST/VAT registration certificate needs to be submitted.