AEPC serves as the apex body for apparel exporters in India, offering significant support to both Indian exporters and international buyers who opt for India as their preferred clothing sourcing destination. A comprehensive overview reveals how the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) has been instrumental in driving numerous successes in this industry.
Objectives of AEPC Registration
- AEPC handles all aspects of enhancing and expanding Indian apparel export and import.
- This includes fostering design networks, improving clothing suitable for export, enhancing fabric quality.
- It also supports the creation of high-value apparel for export, conducting essential research on styles and techniques, and developing the clothing industry's workforce and infrastructure.
Eligibility for AEPC:
- Regardless of the firm's type, the applicant should have a registered company.
- The individual should be at least 21 years old. No legal disputes involving the company's owner, shareholders, or partners.
- Business turnover exceeding Rs. one crore for at least three consecutive financial years.
- Exporter's clothing turnover certified by a Chartered Accountant.
Documents required For AEPC Registration
- Self-attested copy of the Import Export Code (IEC) issued by the DGFT.
- Duly notarized undertaking on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Self-attested copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association or Partnership Deed or Registrar of Companies' Certificate for a firm.
- For Manufacturer Exporters, a self-attested copy of SSI Certificate or Industrial License is necessary.
- All documents need proper notarization on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Self-verified Certificate, Letter of Intent, Industrial License issued by the respective authority.
Benefits of AEPC registration
- Comprehensive support for participation in domestic and international fairs.
- Workshops, seminars, forums, and discussions to stay updated on trends and market information.
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin, Export Performance Certificate for duty-free import of inputs.
- Access to industry insights and global apparel happenings through AEPC's publications.
- Free listing of items on AEPC B2B E-commerce Portal for global exposure to apparel buyers.
- AEPC's e-magazine provides vital information on government policies, trade insights, market reports, and analysis for the apparel industry.
AEPC, registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956, serves as a platform facilitating specialized services and business opportunities for the clothing industry.
AEPC's headquarters is located at Clothing House, Institutional Area, Sector 44, Gurugram-122003.
As a member, you can access benefits such as exemption from export duties and customs duties. AEPC, supported by the government, also facilitates the implementation of New Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in the Indian textile and clothing sector.
AEPC operates extensively by organizing corporate planning meetings for buyers and traders, providing support in trade fairs, arranging trade segments, sharing market information through publications, and assisting individuals in accessing financial aid, among other services.